MM55

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
These little cultivators, you're supposed to be able to turn the tines, while the engine is off, correct? The one I just got in, they're stuck solid.

Any fix for this? or do you just have to replace them?

deminin

Threads
These little cultivators, you're supposed to be able to turn the tines, while the engine is off, correct? The one I just got in, they're stuck solid. Any fix for this? or do you just have to replace them?

Nope, the tines Don't turn except under engine power. I just went out to my workshop a few minutes ago, to check on my tiller, after I saw your note. Mine are locked up solid when the engine is off, but once I start the engine, the tines turn nicely under engine power. If they turn when the engine is "idling" the idle is set a bit too fast. I haven't used my MM55 since April when I last tilled my garden, but it started right up, and the tines turn when I give it some "Throttle".

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nope, the tines Don't turn except under engine power. I just went out to my workshop a few minutes ago, to check on my tiller, after I saw your note. Mine are locked up solid when the engine is off, but once I start the engine, the tines turn nicely under engine power. If they turn when the engine is "idling" the idle is set a bit too fast. I haven't used my MM55 since April when I last tilled my garden, but it started right up, and the tines turn when I give it some "Throttle".

Thanks man.