Michelin Tweets on residential Ztrack mower

340 Magnum Charger

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Z530M with 54inch deck has rear 22x9.50x10 tires. I was thinking of upgrading to Michelin Turf Tweets that are 24x12N12 (X-Tweel Turf).

The Michelin Tweet cross reference sheet says they fit on Z540R but does not reference my model Z530M does anyone know if they would fit? and what adjustments would have to be made?

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is just my .02, reading that some owners have them break right after warranty..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mower tyres are usually listed as Overall Diameter x Rim Diameter x tread width
So I don't think a 12" diameter tubeless tyre will fit on a 10" diameter rim and make a particularly good seal
Some times you can luck it in and get some bigger rims that will bolt on your axel but usually bigger rims have a different bolt pattern or spacing to prevent owners overloading the transmission with bigger rims then making a warranty claim.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So I don't think a 12" diameter tubeless tyre will fit on a 10" diameter rim and make a particularly good seal
Some times you can luck it in and get some bigger rims that will bolt on your axel but usually bigger rims have a different bolt pattern or spacing to prevent owners overloading the transmission with bigger rims then making a warranty claim.
First Bert these are not you normal tires, these comes with their own rims.
1665574586076.png
As what operator is asking there may be clearance issue between the tires and the deck which probably why JD when with the small diameter tires in the first place. The 24" tires will be at least an inch closer the deck vs the 22 inch tires. Plus I just can't the $700 per tire/wheel assy price tag to even my commercial customers.

340 Magnum Charger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you everyone for your input!

Star Tech you are correct on restating my original question. I measured the distance between the deck and current tire and its already tight at just 2 inch's. Also the top plastic flange/chassis is under 2 inch's. You have a good point they are pricy at $700.

D

Deleted member 97405

He's referencing Michelin Tweels, the airless tire that Deere uses, which doesn't use a traditional rim. It only comes as a whole wheel assembly that you simply bolt on.

D

Deleted member 97405

Michelin Tweels work great if used properly. They will give you a larger footprint versus a traditional wheel since they squat more, which gives a bit more control on slopes. You have to adjust how you turn because they will tear up the turf quicker than a regular tire as well. Aggressive operators or aggressive turning on asphalt or concrete will prematurely tear the webbing out of the wheels. This is the majority of the issues we see with these wheels. Under normal use, they last and last. That being said, there is no way it will work on your machine. Plus, they are stupid expensive. No way would I put them on a residential machine, even if they fit.

340 Magnum Charger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your inputs
I cut a 5 acre lot and i have some bad cactus stickers and bumpy rocks in areas that usually cause my tires to go flat. I have tried different spray and fluids to prevent them but over time I back t where I started.
Thought about going to multi- ply tires and then I saw these Tweels as another option.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for your inputs
I cut a 5 acre lot and i have some bad cactus stickers and bumpy rocks in areas that usually cause my tires to go flat. I have tried different spray and fluids to prevent them but over time I back t where I started.
Thought about going to multi- ply tires and then I saw these Tweels as another option.
I would burn the cactus out at a time of the year it is safe to use a propane burner. Also use hoe and shovel to dig the cactus out - or just stay away from it. If the cactus is something other like Yellow Star Thistle, there are biological and other controls. We used to have invasive fields of it here but the county worked to eradicate it and I no longer see it anywhere nearby.