Menards Masterforce brand now into 80V OPE ...

dougmacm

Threads
And like most others out there is made by Greenworks.

As Menards has decent sales & clearance at times it would be nice if the batteries interchanged with Kobalt (or any of the other brands made by GW).

It will be tempting to buy into this line if something pops up at a decent price in the future, and will likely need to figure out how to modify battery slots (as others have done) to work with Kobalt & vise versa !!

Doug

MowerMike

Threads
Interesting. I wonder who makes the Menards 20 volt tools, since Greenworks no longer offers a 20 volt lineup. The problem I have with their 80 volt product line is that there have been no recent innovations or improvements. It seems like Greenworks is focusing primarily on the 60 volt line for new and improved products, such as their 25 inch dual blade lawnmower.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Plus, if you have any problems who will service it for you?

dougmacm

Threads
On the Menards page for the 80V SP Mower it states "21 IN. Cutting Width" ... but like all the GW made mowers it is based off it is a "21 IN. Deck" with a 20 IN. wide Blade.

Too bad, that got my hopes up that GW finally built a 21" cutting width mower.

The new silly 25" dual blade 60V GW is only 23.5" cutting width, so at least they are consistent.

No different than the voltage fudging most mfr's. like to do:
40V is really 36V
80V is really 72V (as is the 82V Snapper)

Would be nice if Greenworks (or someone) would build a true 21" (or 22") cutting width battery power mower. I'm happy with the run time of my 40V (ok 36V) 21" Deck / 20" Blade Self Propelled Greenworks Mower with the 4 or 6Ah batteries ... so I would think it should be possible to offer a real 21 or 22" cutting width with 80V and 5 or 6Ah batteries and get similar or better run times than I do with my 40V.

Doug

dougmacm

Threads
Another bonus I recently read on the Menards site is their 80V line batteries interchange with Greenworks 80V batteries.

What a concept, wish all the brands made by Greenworks (Kobalt, Snapper, etc.) had interchangeable batteries.

Doug