McCulloch M115577RB won’t start - electrical problem

hedgert

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / McCulloch M115577RB won’t start - electrical problem
After starting perfectly first time after the winter, after I stopped the engine after the first grass box fill up, I can’t get my mower restarted.
Maybe I’m doing something daft having forgotten something after not using it for months, or maybe a connection has rattled off or something has broken with vibration on use.
The battery is fully charged. The fuse is working. When I test with a multimeter power is getting to the fuse with the ignition on. There is no power to the starter motor when I turn the key to start. (No headlights either when I turn on the switch). No click or response from the starter motor when I turn the key to start position.

Any suggestions on where to look?
The only oddity I found was a hanging connector under the steering wheel housing with blue and black wires, but no obvious connector to attach it to, and when I look online for a wiring diagram there’s mention of an optional power socket (which I don’t have) being connected by blue black wires, so assume that’s a red herring.
The only tip in the manual is “fuse” - which is working fine.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / McCulloch M115577RB won’t start - electrical problem
Remove battery & take to auto parts store & ask them to please load test battery, should not cost you anything. Let us know if this helps, thanks, Mark
When you purchase new battery make sure it has same CCA'S as old battery or check Operators Manual specs. Let us know how it goes thanks, Mark
I believe you gave away culprit when you said no lights with key in on position.