Marketplace find

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Going to pick this generator up tomorrow evening, $50 .... looks like the guy put a new carb on... from what i've read that may or not be the correct carburetor. He said the recoil starter rope wouldn't retract so he chunked it... Air cleaner is missing as well.
Any common issues with these... Looks like a Briggs engine?
image.png

image.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks more like the GN-190 engine. Most parts for that model will be NLA and don't be surprised if Briggs or Generac claim it. Briggs will say to contact Generac, Generac will say to contact Briggs. Neither company will support it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The GN-190 engine is used on the 09441-2 which according to the Generac dealer site says to contract Briggs because they are the support for the product. Briggs doesn't list any of the external components of the engine just the engine short block parts. There have no reference for the carb, carb gaskets, air cleaner, or air cleaner box.

Looks like missing parts are available through Generac if you look them up by the GN-190 engine parts diagram.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Thanks
I was able to find an airbox assy. On Jack's. Of course I'll verify all model info before ordering parts.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Well ended up NOT getting it....
i was originally supposed to pick it up last saturday evening.... i never heard from the guy.... he texted me 2 days later and said some things came up, which i can understand. He said wednesday would evening would be fine and he would text me when he got off work at 5.... never heard from him.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The last free generator i got i put about $100 in it. 6500 watt with a real Honda engine. Have it for sale for a couple years for $250. No takers. I have 4 portable generators. The last one someone gave me had a 5hp rustotank briggs engine. It went to the shredder. This spring i did flip a small tiller and a riding mower. Didn't make much on either one. Just wanted to keep them out of the landfill a few more years.