M series won’t start

DaveM77

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a M series 10591 since 1996 with very few problems over the years, one ignition module 15 years ago. It has been a great machine and I have no desire to replace it. It stalled on me the other day and would not restart. I was getting spark but figured it might be the module again, replaced it, still not starting. Disassembled and cleaned the carb. No visible damage to jets or needle. Reassemble still not even a glimmer of starting. Won’t even start with starting ether. checked compression, strong. No obstructions in the muffler. Stumped

AnthemBassMan

Threads
If you’re getting spark but it won’t even cough on starting fluid, next stop is to check the flywheel key to see if it’s been sheared.

L8R,
Matt

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would also check the upper and lower crankseals.

birdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine did the same thing, turned out to be a bad coil. Obviously not what's wrong with yours.
I should probably keep a set or two of those crank seals on hand. I have plenty of spare parts for my transmission and carb but never gave crank seals a second thought. Please let us know what the fix is. I have 3 of these mowers all running great plus a commercial not running I use for parts.