LX188 starter solenoid problems.

tiger29

Threads
lx188 removed starter solenoid put back on starter runs but does not engage engine and runs when hooking battery back without turning key on help, Kawasaki engine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the Kawasaki engine numbers.

tiger29

Threads
lx188 removed starter solenoid put back on starter runs but does not engage engine and runs when hooking battery back without turning key on help, Kawasaki engine.
Will in the morning Thank You.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you removed the starter solenoid and Then put the starter on without the solenoid? If so it will not work. If you put the solenoid back on the starter, but will not engage the bendix, you probably did not install the solenoid properly. If the starter turn without the key in the start position, you have it wired incorrectly. Here is a manual, which I suggest you read carefully before doing any more work on the engine.

tiger29

Threads
Did you removed the starter solenoid and Then put the starter on without the solenoid? If so it will not work. If you put the solenoid back on the starter, but will not engage the bendix, you probably did not install the solenoid properly. If the starter turn without the key in the start position, you have it wired incorrectly. Here is a manual, which I suggest you read carefully before doing any more work on the engine.
I Only removed solenoid and looked at it then put it back in, wired up the same way it was. Now will spin and not engage engine and will run without key on. Did not change any wiring.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the starter spins without the key you definitely have a problem with the electrical system. More than likely not wired correctly or a bad short somewhere.