Ltx1045 starving for fuel.

Aaront123

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub cadet ltx1045, it will run for a good 20 or so minutes then starves it’s self for fuel. Like there is non in the filter. It doesn’t refill with fuel if I just open the cap but it I blow really hard into the tank a whole lotta gas goes to the filter. Would this be a venting issue or something else?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Opening the fuel cap should get rid of any venting issues. You can't go by what is in the filter since it acts like an expansion chamber and creates a some what different vapor pressure. Depending on setup the filter could be too fine for your application if you don't have a fuel pump. Could be other fuel related issues going on like fuel line coming apart internally, something in the tank or fuel lines, or carb fuel inlet causing a restriction.

Born2Mow

Threads
It could also be over-heating. Remove the air cowling and remove ALL the clippings from the top of the finned cylinder(s).

DavidS62

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub cadet ltx1045, it will run for a good 20 or so minutes then starves it’s self for fuel. Like there is non in the filter. It doesn’t refill with fuel if I just open the cap but it I blow really hard into the tank a whole lotta gas goes to the filter. Would this be a venting issue or something else?
I have a RTZL54 doing the same thing except if I choke it till it loads up and just about dies it revs back up and runs fine for a little while. I found that the fuel tank vent valve isn't letting air into the tank so am going to order a new one, have to because I had it in my shirt pocket to see about getting one from the dealer and it blew out of my pocket onto the highway, will let you know if that fixes it

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is also possible cause that hasn't been mention and that is vapor locking the fuel system. I haven't seen it this year so far but a couple years ago I had several with vapor lock problem cause by the fuel actually boiling in the fuel lines and filters. Depending on the blend it can boil as low 140F. Most the problems here was resolve by heat shielding the fuel lines. On a couiple engines there was nearly 400 F heat passing over the fuel line off the muffler front mounted mufflers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And it could simply be crud in the fuel tank blocking off the outlet
NExt time it happens pull the filler cap off pul the fuel line off at th filter then blow back through the fuel line
There should be almost no resistance.
If it is very hard then the fuel lines or the fuel tank is obstructed .
Replace the line & clan out the tank

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Obvious if you pressurize the tank and you get fuel flow, the filter or the tank has trash in it. As Bert said, dump and flush out the fuel tank. Blow out both ways with compressed air. Is there a fuel shutoff valve on this?

Flush out fuel tank and lines all the way to the carb.
Remove fan shroud. Clean cylinder cooling fins all the way around each cylinder YEARLY.
Probably could use a carb clean.
Valve adjustment wouldn't hurt.
Air filter needs a foam pre filter if you can get one for yours. Little SAE30 oil on the foam. Little grease on the filter sealing gaskets.
Install a new fuel filter and shutoff valve. Use the valve at every mow.

slomo