LT2000 leaving strip

justabanger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have two of these mowers and just bought a third for parts. One cuts great while the other started leaving a 4 to 6 inch strip where the grass is about an inch higher than the rest. The strip close to dead center on the right blade or just a little to the right of that. It was doing this at the end of mowing season last year so this year I replaced both spindle assemblies new blades and belts with very little improvement. The funny thing is I got my parts mower running and it does just about the exact same thing. My other old beater 2000 cut like a dream. Thoughts anyone?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you look at the blades you probably one is either higher or lower than other when meeting in the middle. THis is usually cause by a bent spindle mount. You or someone in the past probably bent a blade.

justabanger

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you look at the blades you probably one is either higher or lower than other when meeting in the middle. THis is usually cause by a bent spindle mount. You or someone in the past probably bent a blade.
Nope As I posted new mandrels new blade and new belt. I checked blade to blade alignment on all four ends and they are look very close. I also checked where they line up on the deck and end for end the match up all most perfect.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Stick a fine point marker on the blade then scribe a line around the deck
Do the same from the other end
see if they make a strait line one on top of the other

OldDiyer

Threads

justabanger Just wondering if you ever figured out what was causing your problem ? I was watching this but you never got back to this post to let anyone know. Just wondering. !!!!​

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stick a fine point marker on the blade then scribe a line around the deck
Do the same from the other end
see if they make a strait line one on top of the other
You can do this☝. Or, you can measure from the ground to the blade tip and record the measurement. Turn the blade 180 degrees and measure the opposite blade tip. Do all of the blades this way and record your measurements. Do they match?

justabanger

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's still leaving strips. I'm not sure but I think part of the problem is the support plate that's bolted on the bottom front of the deck. I don't know what the real name of it is but it is bolted on the edge of the deck on the right and runs from mid blade to the discharge chute. At any rate it was bent down a little lower than the deck .After I bent it up it cut a little better but still not as good as the other side. I'm thinking about taking it off just for a little test run just to see if makes any difference.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's still leaving strips. I'm not sure but I think part of the problem is the support plate that's bolted on the bottom front of the deck. I don't know what the real name of it is but it is bolted on the edge of the deck on the right and runs from mid blade to the discharge chute. At any rate it was bent down a little lower than the deck .After I bent it up it cut a little better but still not as good as the other side. I'm thinking about taking it off just for a little test run just to see if makes any difference.
Take it off and see what happens.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can do this☝. Or, you can measure from the ground to the blade tip and record the measurement. Turn the blade 180 degrees and measure the opposite blade tip. Do all of the blades this way and record your measurements. Do they match?
If the spindle housing has a fracture so it is tilted or the deck is bent just measuring the blade height will not work
Measuring the blade height only shows if the blade is bent