LT1050 PTO clutch assembly has a wobble causing vibration. Please help with this

emp1953

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / LT1050 PTO clutch assembly has a wobble causing vibration. Please help with this
My LT1050 has a 1 year old PTO clutch assembly. I replaced the transmission drive belt. after which I have a severe wobble in the deck belt pulley and pto assembly. I pulled the PTO assembly back off and ran the motor, the shaft spins true with no wobble whatsoever. Put it back to together and the wobble is back, gets much worse when PTO is engaged. What did I miss in putting the PTO assembly back in? I'm using an impact wrench to it is plenty tight. Checked a parts diagram on line and everything was put back where it belongs. I watched several repair/replacement videos with no new revelations from those. There is a spacer sleeve in the bottom, through the belt pulley that should, along with the keyway, keep things aligned. It looks like the top where the Clutch slides on the shaft is where the alignment is slightly off. Like I said this clutch assembly is only 1 year old and was working flawlessly until I disassembled everything and put on the drive belt, which by the way works fine.