Low Tech Leaf Loader

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just thought I'd share my method of loading leaves when I need to load them in bulk. Most of my accounts I can just blow them to the woods and a couple of others I just grind them up and bag them with my mower to haul them away. I used to have a 16HP Billy Goat leaf loader but it was often more of a hassle than it was worth for me and I rarely used it. This account has very little lawn and a lot of leaves so I find this method pretty efficient.

I stake down the tarp with a few large stakes and attach it to the D rings in the back of my trailer. Then I blow as many leaves as I can up the tarp and into the trailer without them blowing out (I now have a mesh tarp I use to cover loads that I can put over the top) and then I blow a pile onto the tarp. Next I pull the stakes and bundle and roll the tarp up the ramps and dump it in the trailer. Repeat as necessary. Pretty quick and low effort. No lifting. The hardest part is unfurling the tarp in the trailer, but still not difficult.

Edit. Note - The first picture is a different location of the property than the rest. I actually blew all of the leaves from the first picture directly to the trailer. Also note how I change the location of the trailer doors depending on the situation.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Been there done that except with mulch.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Whatever it takes !! Looks like it does NOT take much time with your method ! .. :thumbsup: