Looking to upgrade from Tiger Cub 48"

Unforgiven

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking to upgrade to a 61" Scag. Found a Turf Tiger II with the Kawasaki 31 HP DFI engine. Is DFI direct or digital fuel injection? I thought I read somewhere that it is digital. If so, what is the difference between digital and electronic as far as fuel injection? Any reason not to get DFI over EFI or vise versa? Does the 31HP have plenty of power for the 61" cut? Will be used for personal use only on farm, not for landscaping business or anything.

How does the price look on this mower? https://louisville.craigslist.org/for/d/georgetown-scag-turf-tiger-ii-61/7301265737.html

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
DFI is Digital fuel injection. Just a fancy name for probably a certain fuel injection brand like Fiche Fuel Injection. The 31 hp should be plenty of power for home owner use. I ran one a few years ago with the 27 hp Kohler EFI and to me seemed underpowered when cutting heavy grass( 6 inch tall thick grass). Just had to crawl through it. Too much engine power dedicated to the hydro drives for speed.

Unforgiven

Forum Newbie
Threads
Been doing some research on the different models. Thinking about looking into a cheetah, not really so much for the speed but the comfort. I read the cheetah is more comfortable. How is the cheetah built compared to the turf tiger? I know the turf tiger is built stronger than the tiger cat. But I don't see a single cheetah for sale on marketplace or craigslist like I do the turf tiger. Also want one with dual tanks. I like the idea of two smaller tanks vs one large tank. Run out of fuel with two tanks, just switch valve and keep mowing.