Looking to build a drag behind additional mower

mrgutzmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Folks,
I have three old lawn tractor mowers.
I would like to modify the deck on 1 or two to make drag behind mowers for my craftsman 42"
Advice?
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Martin

Threads
I built one to tow behind my quad.
Pictures are posted on this forum.

Mike

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I've moved this thread to the build-it yourself forum.

Threads
Hi Folks,
I have three old lawn tractor mowers.
I would like to modify the deck on 1 or two to make drag behind mowers for my craftsman 42"
Advice?
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Martin

yes you can do this you need to get some 1/4 steel and recon figure the belts so that you can make a stand and mount a motor (preferably electric start) usauly 10hp works good does great job if nu need a better idea look at the ones for sale you will need a cintrificul clutch on the bottom of the motor and yuo will need a welder witch you might have

RockHound

Threads
It never occurred to me to do something like this. Do you have the other mower out to the side or just directly behind you? What is the purpose of the additional mower and how would you rig something like that up?

Berniep

Threads
Back when I used a Craftsman 38 inch rider to mow my grass I rigged up a 22 inch push mower to tag along to the left side. Back then I had about an acre to mow and not much to mow around like trees and play sets. I think it would be a major pain now with the stuff I have to mow around but it did cut my mowing time down. I just removed the handles and used some conduit to make a long offset hitch.