Looking for rear tine tiller

Witchgrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Who Makes a belt or PTO driven rear tine tiller? I was visiting my Sister over the weekend and she has a John Deer 206 model lawn tractor that has a belt drive Tiller mounted to it. I’ve seen some old lawn tractors like this, but not recently. I’m guessing her mower is 8-15 years old, and really good shape. Do y’all know who currently makes these?
TIA

Witchgrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Let me rephrase. I’m interested in a lawn mower ( not a small utility tractor) that has a tiller mounted to the rear of it. I’ve actually got Troy built Horse model tiller. It works ok, but I think I’d rather have a sit on, riding type. My garden is not huge,(24 x50). We have two rows of asparagus established on the two outside rows. Im looking for something in the 20-24” range. For the last two years, I’ve borrowed a 5’ 3 point tiller to use behind my 48 HP Kubota. it works great, but something smaller would be preferred.

Witchgrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Something like this.

Attachments

• 17F042BF-EF93-476C-B542-6704CDA296FC.png
    17F042BF-EF93-476C-B542-6704CDA296FC.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 4

Witchgrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
On another note, I do have a Kubota G2160 mower that has a PTO driven deck. Not sure if there is a tiller attachment for that model though. The mower has been sitting for several months and my plan is to sell if unless I can make tiller out of it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
A 24 x 50 is a tiny garden. I used to do a couple half acre gardens with my horse and it was quite easy to do including hilling a quarter acre of potatoes. The only problem I had with the horse other a couple carburetor rebuilds was it like the snap the drive when first started if you tried reversing before letting the forward clean off the rust on the pulleys after it was stored.