looking for obsolete parts or some way to repair these wheels (Sportlawn)

imthatguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / looking for obsolete parts or some way to repair these wheels (Sportlawn)
Hello Everyone,

I have a Toro Sportlawn and I can't for the life of me find replacement wheels for it. Has anyone here found a good source for new rubber or know of a good way to repair the wheels that have worn down? I'm not picky on OEM, It just needs to be functional again.

Its just the rubber that has worn through so I don't need the hub or anything like that, so if there is a different hub that has a similar dimension that I could use the rubber wheel off of then I would be all for using that idea if someone here knows of a part that will work.

IMG_5474.jpgIMG_5476.jpg

Cheers!
Patrick

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
How does the wheel get driven? From a center hub or gear teeth on the outer rim? Outer diameter?

imthatguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
The blade is 18" from edge to edge. There is no sign of a model number or serial number anywhere to be seen.

Although I haven't pulled off a wheel to visually check it appears that the wheel is driven by a gear that would drive the outer edge of the wheel. I'll have to pull the wheel for a closer look but i'm not sure when I'll have a chance to do that quite yet. hopefully things slow down a bit here and I'll get a chance to play again soon.

The literature does help however it seems the replacement part is not easily found. I may be stuck with trying to find a different model or brand that just happens to fit or make adaptable.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything that may substitute and let you know if I find anything. If anyone has any other ideas or has previously found a solution I would be all ears and forever grateful for that information!

Cheers

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Luckily this was a good quality photo, you can look up the part number at least, that is half the battle.
Toro # Also you can see how it is put together.

listwheel.jpg

upupandaway

Threads
If u have no luck, you could make your own replacement. You would need to make a mold of the original tire to pour this stuff into:
Urethane
They make different textures from soft to hard as a rock. Call a local plastics place and they can help you out.