Looking for discontinued part for old Echo chainsaw

tkos115

Threads
I was wondering if anyone on here would know of anyone or any place that has a lot of discontinued chain saw parts. In this case I'm looking for the gasket that would go between the two case halves. I need to rebuild this saw for someone as it's sentimental value to someone. I can get pretty much all the parts I need but I'm unable to find the case gasket.

Does anyone know where I can get this part number?
Thanks for your help all!

The part number I'm looking for is: 10024211230
The Saw Model Number is: CS-315
The Serial Number is: 0053849

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can't help you on finding a factory gasket. Is it possible to make one or use a silicon compound?

dougand3

Threads
Unless you stumble upon a NOS gasket, you'll need a gasket paper sheet and make one.

tkos115

Threads
Yeah thats what I was afraid of.. this is a pretty complex gasket which will probably be a bit hard to make. I don't know if I could use a silicone gasket/RTV because this gasket seals two sides of the crank case, and it also seals part of the fuel tank as well.

Last edited:

dougand3

Threads
I'd definitely want a fiber/paper gasket between case halves.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd definitely want a fiber/paper gasket between case halves.
I would, too, but not all two cycle engines have them. I have an old Toro/Suzuki push mower and the shop manual calls for Threebond #1104 or Loctite #515. The OP's engine had a gasket though, and to not use a gasket would decrease crankshaft endplay,

One good thing about making gaskets is that you don't have to get it right the first time. Also, a leather punch is good for making small holes. I have a tiny ball peen hammer and making gaskets is all I've ever used it for.