Liberty Z 52" Hurricane Mulch Kit - Leaving Clumps

ICTGolfer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings,
Just a residential guy running a 52" Liberty Z with the Hurricane Mulch Kit & Eliminator blades and getting crazy mulch clumps/drops when mowing grass that's even remotely damp or more than 0.75" higher than my 4" cutting height.

It looks more like grass sludge than mulched clippings. Thinking about going to standard blades to reduce the likelihood of creating mulched mush but keeping the Hurricane Mulch kit in place. Anyone have any experience with that sort of setup? Basically the mulch kit with standard blades?

Yes, I could mow it twice, at different heights but that essentially eliminates the time-savings of using my Scag vs just push mowing with my Honda.
Yes, I could side-discharge but that would limit my mowing patterns and would really piss my wife off if I accidentally discharged into her landscape beds.
Yes, I could mow every other day to mow less than 0.75" but that isn't always an option due to other commitments.

I've read that the Exmark mulch blades might be an option as well?

Open to any and all suggestions.

Have a great week.

Dave
Wichita, KS

ICTGolfer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Circling back on this topic.

I went ahead and installed the standard (non-mulching) SCAG blades (PN 482878), leaving the mulching baffles in place, so only a blade change.

Results thus far have been exactly what I've been looking for. I still get great mulching, without the pulp-making that the Eliminator blades provided.

I've mowed some pretty tall fine fescue (8"+) and the mower performed very well and didn't leave the clumping I was experiencing previously.

If you have having clumping issues with the factory mulch kit, I would suggest giving this a try.

Have a great week.