Liberty Z 48 1/2 acre?

nickalan620

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have toro timemaster 30” push mower with a striping kit. I have a 1/2 acre lot. Half is quality tall fescue and the back open field is basic ky31 fescue. Takes about 1-1.5 hours to mow trim and blow. Mowing twice a week now with grass growing fast. It’s all flat and not too bumpy.

I was looking into getting a Scag Liberty Z 48” to cut down on mowing time and still get a nice quality cut. Is there a better option in the same 5-6k price range or should I be ok? How’s the striping? I can always get a stripe kit later.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you do buy the Scag Liberty Z 48, get the Kohler engine. The other two are a 708cc Loncin and a Briggs and Stratton. You really don’t need a stripe kit. If your deck is set properly and you have sharp blades, the cut will look great. Go and look at all of your local dealerships and ask questions. For a half acre, a 42” would be plenty big enough. If you think a 48” will work for you, by all means get one.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
With crazy inflation, be surprised you could get a Liberty for that price range..

I got mine back in May of 21. It is a 48" Liberty & then you could still get the Kawasaki engine for 48"..
I am really enjoying mine, & the 5 year warrantry doesn't hurt either.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
With crazy inflation, be surprised you could get a Liberty for that price range..

I got mine back in May of 21. It is a 48" Liberty & then you could still get the Kawasaki engine for 48"..
I am really enjoying mine, & the 5 year warrantry doesn't hurt either.
The Scag will probably be the last mower you buy, unless you buy 100 acres later in life.

EA6BMECH

Threads
I'd go with a Husky 48" riding mower. Take care of it, it should last a very long time if that's all you're doing. I have one that is 13yo and have beat the heck out of it because it's my trim mower for all the places the Scag 52" won't go. I have to "hang 10" on some of the banks I mow and I hit rock, sticks and other junk. It's just the way it is. When I get a little careless with the TigerCat, I have the tractor to get me out of those situations....lol!

bushleague

Forum Newbie
Threads
For what it’s worth, I just ordered a Scag Liberty Z36, w/ Kawi engine, $5299 otd. There is a plethora of available options for these, as I have an Velocity catcher coming with it. I was trying to buy a stand on, but none to be had.

Lawn Addict
Threads
+ 5 year warranty doesn't hurt either.. I have a 2021 L48" w/Kaw & am happy I got it.