LGT2554 Throttle/ choke/ govenor. How in the heck do these work?

Chucksspot

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / LGT2554 Throttle/ choke/ govenor. How in the heck do these work?
Got this husqvarna lgt2554 with the 25hp Kohler motor the other day. Guy said all the cables and springs were disconnected from the throttle control when he got it. He's an auto mechanic. It will start and run just fine with the exception it will only idle. No change in RPM when I throttle it up. And I don't know how it all is connected together to work with throttle/ choke and govenor. Could someone please tell me how this all is connected together properly? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20190929-152605_Gallery.jpg20190928_184125.jpgScreenshot_20190929-152727_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190929-152605_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190929-152605_Gallery.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 14

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
http://resources.kohler.com/power/kohler/enginesUS/pdf/32_690_01_EN.pdf

your engine service manual. i would suggest you go to Lowes or your nearest Husqvarna dealer & take some pictures with your phone. you may want to contact Husqvarna customer/technical support & maybe they can send you a close up of control assembly with cables & springs attached. i would provide them with all numbers from your engine & tractor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hus....69i57j0l5.33224j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A lot of auto mechanics get thrown when hooking up the throttle on a governed engine.
When you push the throttle control it stretches the red spring
The red spring should be connected to the governor arm, which is the lever with the 3 numbered holes.
The other end of the governor arm has the link rod that goes to the throttle butterfly.
When you move the governor arm in the direction of the spring pull it should open the throttle butterfly fully.

In use the governor arm trys to CLOSE the throttle not open it.
At rest the governor is also at rest so it allows the throttle to be fully open.
As the speed increases it trys harder to close the throttle and that means it has to pull against the spring.

This particular set up is confusing because it is universal and made to take left or right hand controls.
So start by taking the air filter off and make sure that the butterfly is fully open with the engine at rest .
If not loosen the cable clam and move it till the butterfly closes.

On the carb itself the throttle butterfly might have more than one hole for the throttle rod, one for push to open & one for pull to open.

Get the manual Mark has linked to and read the section os "setting the governor" 3 times, prefferably which a cup of coffee and not a few beers.

Chucksspot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you sir, I've already downloaded that manual.

Chucksspot

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is perfect, thank you for the OJT. It rained buckets last night so I'll figure it out by the weekend and work on it Saturday. Thanks again guys!