Lesson Learned

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
usually when i have carb that isn't totally just gummed up and corroded on the inside, i have a small tupperware container i pour about half full with carb cleaner, then i use a tooth brush to scrub the carb and clean it and yada yada.
anyway, i couldn't find my tupperware bowl today..... so i spy a styrofoam cup in the corner, Ahh, that will work for now... PFFFFTTTT. boy was i wrong.
the instant the O'rielly carburetor cleaner hit the styrfoam, it melted it... surprised the heck outta me.
There's Yur Science experiment fer the day!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Styrofoam is not much good in the garage for any chemicals.. Water is ok tho LOL ..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I'm not mistaken, gasoline will do the same thing to styrofoam.

When I was a trucker, a lot of our conversations on the CB was about what we were hauling. Because us truckers, we haul everything. One of the most popular items was styrofoam gas cans. And sail boat fuel.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
We used to tell new guys to sharpen the air knife on the machine. Air knife just a fancy name for an air puffer to separate sheets of paper.
My friend's sailboat hold 25 gallons of gas. I do his engine service.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One of the favorite gags we liked to pull on the kid in class who knew everything was to go to the woods teacher and get the board stretcher, because we knew someone would cut a piece too short. After being passed to multiple people would end up in the principals office who would give them a hot glue gun and send them back to class.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Try going to Lowe's and asking for a metric adjustable wrench. The new guy go up and down the tool aisles looking for one. Then they finally ask their supervisor.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
One of the favorite gags we liked to pull on the kid in class who knew everything was to go to the woods teacher and get the board stretcher, because we knew someone would cut a piece too short. After being passed to multiple people would end up in the principals office who would give them a hot glue gun and send them back to class.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wonder if that BS1000 would work on something else? (asking for a friend)