Lesco Viper 60" Cub Cadet Tank M60-KW Spindle Assy/Pulley Upgrade?

irock85

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Lesco Viper 60" Cub Cadet Tank M60-KW Spindle Assy/Pulley Upgrade?
Hello Everyone,

I have an old Lesco Viper 60" zero turn I am trying to fix up. I understand this is the same mower as a Cub Cadet Tank M60-KW All three spindle assemblies are shot. These are some sort of special spindle assemblies that are $300/piece and supposedly not rebuildable. I however have taken one most of the way apart in hopes of putting bearings in it but I cannot for the life of my get the pulley off of the spindle. The spindle shaft is splined and the pulley appears to be pressed on. I had it in a 25 ton press and the sucker won't budge. Replacement pulleys are not available even if I wanted to buy a new spindle assembly, it's useless without a new "splined shaft" pulley. I've never seen a mower deck spindle assembly so over built and that had a splined shaft.

So my question is, I know the deck bolt pattern and dimensions, does anyone have an idea what other spindle assemblies might work for this thing? It's a 4 hole mount, I believe the pulley is approximately 5" in diameter. I can post all dimensions. I just don't know what to do from here. I found a used deck from a cub cadet z force that appears to be identical but has newer style spindle assemblies. The spindles on it are bad though. So I'd be spending $400 on a deck with bad spindles. I see now why this mower was at the scrap yard (even though everything operates and it runs like a champ).

Attachments

• lesco deck.jpg
    lesco deck.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 2
  • spindle assembly.jpg
    spindle assembly.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 2
  • z-force deck $400.JPEG
    z-force deck $400.JPEG
    118.6 KB · Views: 2
  • lesco deck 2.jpg
    lesco deck 2.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 1
  • lesco deck 3.jpg
    lesco deck 3.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 1
  • MTD 918-05125.jpg
    MTD 918-05125.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you post the model and serial numbers for you unit, plus any part numbers you have found. If I can upon this problem I would get our my measuring tools and get as many very close measurements as possible. Shaft length, housing sizes, offset, pulley size, etc. Once you have those it will be much easier to find a replacement spindle assembly. I wouldn’t worry about how the pulley is attached to the spindle shaft, as long as the rest of the assembly is the same size.

irock85

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you post the model and serial numbers for you unit, plus any part numbers you have found. If I can upon this problem I would get our my measuring tools and get as many very close measurements as possible. Shaft length, housing sizes, offset, pulley size, etc. Once you have those it will be much easier to find a replacement spindle assembly. I wouldn’t worry about how the pulley is attached to the spindle shaft, as long as the rest of the assembly is the same size.
Sure thing, I will try and get these numbers later tonight after I get off work. I can’t remember if I was ever able to find the exact model of this zero turn, I’m not sure exactly where I’d look on a Lesco…these things are almost impossible to get info on.

irock85

Forum Newbie
Threads