LB 10515 Engine Rebuild/Replace

Jenebo

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 10515 SN:4900000 would not start last year and was hard to pull over. Took it to the only LB shop I knew of and they thought it was a broken rod, but they stopped overhauling engines. Took it to several other places in town and none of them would entertain rebuilding the LB 2-stroke.

So my question; is there someone in the US that rebuilds these engines or is there a place I could buy a replacement? I was forced to buy a Honda HRX last year to finish out the year and this year, but I miss the LB and would like to get it operational again. Located in South Dakota, but willing to ship.

Thanks,
J

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Might want to try this. Go back to the first LB shop and ask them if they know of any old farts who repair engines. They might know of someone who might take on this project.

intruder1500

Threads
Or start checking for a cheap used 10515 and swap the engines over. I would also remove the cylinder head and see if the piston is moving when you try to start it. If its a broken rod its probably not worth fixing.

Jenebo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked again with the loical LB shop to see if they knew of anyone that still repaired them but they did noit have any leads.

I will keep my eye out locally for a used 10515 to swap the engines with.

Side question: I found a few engines on eBay, one being brand new in box. Is there any compatibility between f-blocks?