Lawnmower Stalls after 1 minute - EINHELL GC PM 40 S-P

MartinOtterbourne

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Lawnmower Stalls after 1 minute - EINHELL GC PM 40 S-P
Hoping to get some helpful suggestions - lawnmower runs until you start to mow and then it stutters and dies. After which it won’t start until about 10 minutes after which the cycle repeats .

There is fuel and a new spark plug .

The make is an Einhell GCPM 40 S P it’s about 1 year ago old . Local repairers won’t touch it as parts are hard to come by although lots of people seem to sell them.

I’ve taken off the carb and squirted it with cleaner . It all looks very clean anyway. What I cant figure out is how to remove the main jet as it doesn’t seem to have a screw to remove it as shown on many you tube videos .

Reassembly still the same issue with stopping

So if this is a carb issue then I need to clean the main jet ? But I cant see how it can be removed with no screw. Every you tube video I watch has a slotted screwdriver slot.

Or am I sniffing up the wrong tree?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
make sure you are getting good fuel flow from the fuel tank. Sounds like a fuel restriction preventing incoming fuel keeping up with fuel being used. Could be dirt in the fuel tank or a fuel cap/vent system not working.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lots of people , usually not mower shops , sell them because they are throw away junk that is very cheap to buy wholesale so the electronics shop & green grocers can make excellent profits selling them.
They have no parts warehouse, no service center, no service schools , no parts books or maintenance / repair manuals which is the prime reason why they are so cheap to buy.
It is the after sales back up that costs mower companies a small fortune and generally runs at a massive loss .
The mower and it's engine are designed to be thrown away & not repaired.
As such, it has things like cast in jets or pressed in jets that can not be removed for cleaning so you just throw away the carburettor but by not using replaceable jets the factory saves $ 2 on every carburettor .
So cleaning the carb properly will set you back $ 200 for a cheap domestic ultrasonic cleaner .
Illengine is going down the right path
Either the fuel flow to the carb is bad or the just outlast warranty period magneto has a fractured connection so stops sparking when hot.
a lot of the junk mowers use rubbish fuel line which goes soft and will block off the fuel supply after a period of time .
Grab your can of carb cleaner and the instant it stops give the engine an SHORT shot down the carb and crank the engine
If it fires right up then this confirms fuel supply problem
If not put a short shot down the plug hole
If it fires up then you have a valve problem
If it does not fire then you have a timing or ignition problem.