Lawnboy silver series 93' anyone need any help with.

loncherokee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just restrored a 93 lawnBoy silver series i bought for $20 and just spent $16 on carb parts is all and runs and mows fine now,i will try to keep it goin long as can its real easy to push with and has the mulching blades and cuts fine,i dont know the engine size cc's i looked online nothin so far,it just says 4.75hp is all if anyone know that let me know thanks,i looked up parts on amazon had the parts carb parts is all i needed,and i got it goin just had to adjust the govern to and runs and starts right up now i have on youtube if anyone wants to watch it run just put in Lonnie curtis,in the search and can see it run and cut,ok let me know if anyone needs any help fixin theirs,later all

Russ2251

Threads
Model F 127cc's.

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
Model F 127cc's.
Looks like a V to me?:confused:

rWfnuBx.jpg

Russ2251

Threads
Looks like a V to me?
I stand corrected...did not see the video.
Anyway, all internal parts are the same as an F. CC's and performance are identical to an F.

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
I stand corrected...did not see the video.
Anyway, all internal parts are the same as an F. CC's and performance are identical to an F.
I thought the V had more torque than the Fs, and of course more shaky.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Yeah, the V Series are pretty serious torque monsters compared to the F Series. But they are also not as smooth/refined as an F either. My old 1993 model 10201 V Series was a serious beast that could just about take down small saplings. But I also had to replace all the shroud screws with larger ones because the engine kept vibrating them loose.

L8R,
Matt

Russ2251

Threads
V Series are pretty serious torque monsters compared to the F Series.
How can this be? All specs are identical. The Lawn-Boy spec sheets show no differences at all.
Bore and stroke match. Crankshaft, piston, and connecting rods are identical to F part numbers. CR is the same.
Any differences are strictly visual...such as finnage. Model V is square. Model F is round.
No difference between my machines what-so-ever. Both bog down equally under the same conditions.
I have a gokart powered by an F and one powered by a V. The V mill is a disappointment. Definitely a NOT so serious torque monster.
MODEL V.jpg

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Then the smooth running 8237 F Series that I mowed with years ago was low on compression. Because when I had my V Series 8-10 years ago, that mower chewed through stuff without a sweat that would bog down the other one.

L8R,
Matt