Lawnboy 4570 muffler repair

twinfords

Threads
the muffler is rotted right where the exhaust comes out of the bottom of the engine. should I cut a piece of tin and pop rivet it or JB weld it or body putty it in place? or i could use thin sheet metal as well. i could tack weld also but only have stick welder. it is a rectangler area about 1/2 X 2.statesman 006.jpg

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wouldn't try to fix that muffler. That spot gets very hot so something like JBweld doesn't seem workable. Look for either another muffler (eBay is probably the best bet) or another mower that you can part-out (you need one with an F-series engine). Let us know how it comes out.

Somebody in the Lawn-Boy forum might be able to help.

chance123

Threads
If you "absolutely" have to repair it, braze it with "nickel bronze" brazing rod.

twinfords

Threads
yea, i guess i will just wait until a parts mower comes along, i just scrapped a locked up f series engine last week, go figure.:eek:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
yea, i guess i will just wait until a parts mower comes along, i just scrapped a locked up f series engine last week, go figure.:eek:

If you're willing to be patient and buy low (and sell high, of course), you can make some money on parting out old Lawn-Boys. Those mowers have a pretty good following but you can still pick up non-running ones cheap.

scott47429

Threads
to bad you guys aint around here man i know where there are probably 10 of these things

twinfords

Threads
to bad you guys aint around here man i know where there are probably 10 of these things

Scott, what are you waiting for, get me a muffler and send it in the mail, i will pay shipping. i am sure one will come along shortly.