lawn tools

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmmm. Might want to clarify what you are trying to do.

But I have plunge cut tree roots with chainsaws. And have ruined a few chains that way hitting rocks before I started using carbide chains. Of course the bar has to cleaned afterwards. I even done a few below the water surface cleaning storm damage. Again the bar and chains must be cleaned and oiled.

BTW carbide chains are very expensive.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a customer who clears land and uses a chainsaw to cut Honeysuckle off below the ground. Every couple of weeks he brings me a half dozen chains that look like they came off a tiller. He gets charged extra.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Since I got my Oregon grinder it has been a lot easier to sharpen chains. I had to as I had eight chains in a row that gave me blisters hand sharpening them. Plus going multiple files at the same time. Some of the hardest chain cutters I even seen.

I did make the mistake of buying the Harbor Freight version. What a piece of junk. So much so that I made sure no one ever the one I had.

Some rocked chains are just throw a way at times as a new chain is a better option since I sell both Oregon and Tri-Link chains. It is the customer who decides switch they want on their saws. Most home owners will go with the Tri-Link and most pros with go with the Oregon.