Lawn sweeper instead of mower bagger?

ukrkoz

Threads
Ok, here's what it is, and I have my reasons to have it the way I have it.
I have chicken farm, fully fenced and netted. About 5 000 sf runs. Of course, there is no grass left inside runs, they ate it all.
As the result, ever so often, I bag 3 large bags of grass and toss it in. They love it.
As the result, I have free Cub Cadet T71 (work bonus) with bagger on it.
I have 60'' ZTR coming next few days.
I will not need 2 mowers.
Plan is to sell that Cub.
That leaves one question - bagging grass for chicks. Toro, that comes in, has motorized EZ Vac bagger available, for somewhere around $1300 and it's pretty much a permanent install, as it's driven by spindle pulley. Makes entire mower rather awkward to operate plus, why, for occasional use? And vac system runs all the time, unless belt is removed, so it's hassle. I am NOT bagging 5 acre, oh no
That brings to my question. Anyone used lawn sweeps for bagging grass? They are reasonably priced, easy on and off for occasional use, and I do not need a perfect sweep. Chicks don't really care. So how does it pick up grass clippings?
Thank you

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use a lawn sweeper every year after dethatching the lawn and it work great as a cleanup. The thing that you must remember is that the longer the cut grass is, the better job a sweeper will do. If you are cutting and sweeping every week, you may not achieve the results you want as the clippings are too short.

ukrkoz

Threads
Great, thank you. Peak season I cut every other week.