Lawn boy D series carburetor help

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
Hello all,

I recently acquired a 60's model lawn boy brick top engine. It's a D451 from a lawn boy loafer. I cleaned out the gas tank and the carburetor and it will start on starting fluid but die after anywhere between 5 and 30ish seconds. I'm struggling to find a rebuild kit for this carburetor.
My question is, does anyone know if there's a cheap carburetor that will fit and work for this engine? TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230128_224726_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230128_224726_Gallery.jpg
    909.5 KB · Views: 3

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To my knowledge there is no cheap replacement carb. Those old carbs last longer than anything out there, so I would recommend that you have it cleaned either using a dip solvent or take it to a shop and have it ultrasonicly cleaned and then rebuild it. This manual should be of some help to you. If you post back with more questions please include the units model and serial numbers. https://lookup3.toro.com/ttcGateway/acrobat/manuals/lball.html

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
T
To my knowledge there is no cheap replacement carb. Those old carbs last longer than anything out there, so I would recommend that you have it cleaned either using a dip solvent or take it to a shop and have it ultrasonicly cleaned and then rebuild it. This manual should be of some help to you. If you post back with more questions please include the units model and serial numbers. https://lookup3.toro.com/ttcGateway/acrobat/manuals/lballlball.h
Thank you for the info. I cant seem to find online any kind of rebuild kit that includes new gaskets, etc for it. Any advice?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post.your model and serial numbers as I asked and we may be able to help you. Other wise we are just guessing

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
Model
Post.your model and serial numbers as I asked and we may be able to help you. Other wise we are just guessing
Model number : D451
Serial number : 4095165

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Lawn-Boy43

Threads
Depending on the exact carb on your engine most carb rebuild kits are NLA, but a few are available. Most individual parts are available and more than all you’ll really need to rebuild the carb are float needle and seat and bowl gasket. If you go to this site it does list a rebuild kit, but unsure if it is the correct one. https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...00001-499999999/model-d-451-engine-parts-list
Pretty much every part that I would need is discontinued. Theres a little gasket that goes with the primer that was rotted to pieces that I need. I also think I might need a new float needle that also says that it's discontinued. It looks to be decent shape but I don't know. I'd feel better if there was a kit that I could buy that includes gaskets, needles, and float needle but I haven't come across anything. If I am unable to find parts, is this engine useless? Thanks for the help