Lawn Boy 10730 won't stay running

richm2256

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a 5 year old 10730 with a Kohler XT650-2027 engine.

Had a problem towards the end of last season with it stalling, and being hard to restart, despite having a fresh spark plug and air filter. Put it away with no gas and just tried my first mow of the season. I managed to cut one side of the lawn completely, then went over to the other side of the driveway, and the problem cropped up again, now even worse. Even with the air filter removed.

Changed plugs again, put Lucas fuel system cleaner in it, hasn't changed a thing. At best, it runs for about 30 seconds and quits (full tank of gas)

Any ideas?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just think when you put that wonder fuel cleaner in, where did all the contaminants go?

slomo

FuzzyDriver

Threads
When you say you put it away with no gas, do you mean you drained the entire fuel system, and then ran the engine until there was no fuel left in the carburetor? Also, I'm a little confused by your statement "Even with the air filter removed". Did it run better with no air filter before? I've seen engines that will hardly run at all unless the air filter is installed, Never knew one that ran better without one. Five-years..any idea about how much it's been used in those five years (yard size, length of mowing season, mowing frequency)?