Law boy 10328 Self Propelled Duraforce--Muffler

Dialedin

Forum Newbie
Threads
The muffler on my mower came lose so I removed the blade and the plate covering the bolt to tighten the muffler. When I removed the cover plate, the lawnmower engine muffler pipe transfer tube fell out. What does this piece do? How is it supposed to stay in place? Does the plate just hold in in place? Can the mower be used without this piece?

Thank you,

Dave

viperv10

Threads
Welcome to the forum.
Yes I think you need that U pipe for the exhaust to go out the muffler up top. The exhaust goes out the bottom of the engine through the exhaust ports and goes down and then back up
through the deck into the muffler. I have had that plate off of several duraforce mowers. Sometimes that U shaped pipe falls out and some times it sticks in there. As far as I can tell that flat
plate held on with the 4 bolts is the only thing that holds that pipe in there. I have read that you can use some sealer around the edge of that flat plate to seal it tight but I never have.
Good luck.
Jerry

Dialedin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the forum.
Yes I think you need that U pipe for the exhaust to go out the muffler up top. The exhaust goes out the bottom of the engine through the exhaust ports and goes down and then back up
through the deck into the muffler. I have had that plate off of several duraforce mowers. Sometimes that U shaped pipe falls out and some times it sticks in there. As far as I can tell that flat
plate held on with the 4 bolts is the only thing that holds that pipe in there. I have read that you can use some sealer around the edge of that flat plate to seal it tight but I never have.
Good luck.
Jerry
Thank you for the information. I was able to get that U shaped piece back in place. I also got confirmation from a lawnmower repair shop that the metal plate is all that holds that piece in place. I also asked
The guy at the mower place about a gasket for the plate. He said I did not need one and if I made one, that it would just burn off.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for responding.