Laser 72'' leveling

Threads
Hello,
New here to this forum. Just purchased a 2007 LAS28KA724 and also my first zero turn and a rookie on these. I have leveled the mower deck per the manual, but the front of the mower deck is way lower then the back. With all the scalp wheels off it's not a 1/2 off the ground. I understand that it should be lower but this is extreme! Are my springs in need of replacement? Need some ideas to look into! Thanks for all your help! Matt

Threads
Yes, this is what I used! Tire pressure at 13 psi. All scalp wheels remove and 3/4 block put under brackets. On the best concrete floor I have and checked the floor with a 4' level. Any suggestions? Just about 3/8 low from the front underside of the blade to the back underside of the blade. Hope this makes sense!

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Steps 5- 9 are the most critical. Most DIY guys can’t keep the chains tight without an assistant. When you have completed all the steps, what is the difference in deck height between the front and back?

Threads
Rivets,
Never really measured deck height after I was done with leveling, checked blade level from front to back, but deck has to be at least 1 1/2 to 2'' lower in the front.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please don’t take this wrong, but being that far off you’re either doing something wrong or you have a broken part somewhere. Please try again with an assistant and following the steps to the T. These decks are not the easiest to level, but remember patience is your friend.

Threads
Well,
Closer inspection last night, my right front wheel fork(I don't know the proper term) is bent and has been welded and some grinding done on it, I have ordered a new one and will install when it gets here and continue with the deck leveling. Matt

Threads
Finally, received my new front wheel fork, got it installed. Leveled mower deck per instructions and mows nice! Next I have a left leaking wheel motor. Where should I get them and what will they cost? I think I will replace both sides at one time? Thanks Matt

Last edited: