Largest 18" blades for a 54" deck?

Threads
Have a RZTS with a Fabbed 54" deck. I've exhausted all options on how to fix the streaking of uncut grass the mower leaves behind between the blades... And after 3 years I was looking for yet another set of new blades and noticed the slight variances between the "18"" size blades that are to fit the deck.

So wondering, who makes the "largest" blades that would fit the deck? Or maybe 2 standard blade lengths on the outside and a larger one in the middle to compensate?

I've only used Cub Cadet branded blades, I see Oregon blades show 18.5" for the deck. And Maxpower is coming in at 18 5/8". Not sure exactly what the Cub branded standard blades or much kit blades are, can't fine the specs on their site.

Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lots of variables that can cause mohawks on the lawn.
Slip the deck off and accurately measure the distance between the center of the blade spindles.
Divide the blade length by 1/2 and add them together
You need a minimum of 1/8" clearance between the blades or they will contact each other in use.
Back in the not so bad old days mower decks would have better than 2" overlap in the cutting circles.
Now days you are lucky to get 1/4" because it reduces the cost of the decks and increases the number of blade changes.

Quality mowers like Simplicity , Ferris, Walker , Grasshopper all have long decks so they can use a bigger overlap.
MTD have not made a quality mower for decades.

fixit1ddh

Threads
All the mowers mentioned above are alot more expensive. I have 2 of the same decks on the 2 RZT L54 I own now. My past mowers were 2 simplicity 7117 from the late 80's and one tractor price was about the price I paid for 2 of the RZTL54 new in 2017. Will these last the 30 years the simplicity did? Don't know, I will be long gone so do not care. My simplicity 48 inch decks would leave stripes when deck had grass buildup between blades on front of deck and needed cleaned. This cub deck 54 inch does the same. My Brother's 61 inch grasshopper deck does it when His blades get dull. They all can do it for one reason or another.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well the CC 942-05056A blade is 18.61" .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wouldn't go over 54", just saying. :)

What is a fabbed deck? It says it has "incredible cutting performance" and "exceptional corrosion protection". Sounds like a beauty.

slomo