Kubota ZG23 missing and dies.

bsnarramore

Forum Newbie
Threads
My ZG23 has never been any problem. Yesterday while mowing it started missing and then died. started right back up will miss and die. i changed the fuel filter and plugs. Still doing the same thing. Anybody know of common problem with ZG23 like this.

bsnarramore

Forum Newbie
Threads
removed gas tank, drained and blew out lines. Mower ran fine for a 2 hr mowing. went to mow couple weeks later, mowed for about 15 mins then started missing then dieing again. Will immediately start back but will not run right and then die. Any help? Anybody?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Symptom sounds like fuel delivery issue. Maybe missed something in the fuel tank when you removed it. Possibly something inside the carb acting like a temporary jet clog. Or even possible fuel line collapsing Kind of hints to insufficient fuel flow like a partial clog that is preventing carb keeping up with fuel demand.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have a litle think about the dieing bit
Did it sound like you were running out of fuel ?
or
Did it sould like you were turning the key on & off ?

lugbolt

Threads
Kohler engine.

Could be fuel issue, water in fuel, restricted line in the tank. Or because it IS a Kohler, I wouldn't be surprised if an ignition coil or both have failed. In 30 years working on lawn mowers, I never ever once replaced a Kawasaki ignition coil, one or two briggs, and hundreds of Kohler's. They have a kit for the SV series to replace the DSAI coils with a newer style that usually lasts. I do not know if they have them for the CV series that is on the ZG20/23. Check with Kubota dealer. If the part number supercedes to one that is considerably more expensive, it's probably updated to the new style.