Kubota Z421 Broken Deck Springs

Greaser

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased this mower less than a year ago, it currently just turned 40 hours. My question concerns the deck spring breaking. This mower has broken 3 springs, and I currently have it loaded and ready to haul to the Kubota dealer. My Kubota dealer tells me these mowers do not have a problem with these springs - that’s just really difficult to believe, especially with this mower breaking 3. My question is, does a problem exist with this type mower or is this unique to my particular mower. Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There was an update kit for some Z-turn models to be installed at no charge to the customer. Have your dealer check to see if you have one of those units.

Greaser

Forum Newbie
Threads
There was an update kit for some Z-turn models to be installed at no charge to the customer. Have your dealer check to see if you have one of those units.

Hey thanks, that’s what I was hoping for.

Greaser

Forum Newbie
Threads
The dealer picked my mower up, put a new spring on it and gave it a clean bill of health. Today, it has another broken deck spring, this is the 4th and the mower has 54 hours on it. I’ve had to purchase another mower to keep my grass cut. I fully expect Kubota to purchase this mower back or I’m going to file a lawsuit under the Tennessee lemon law. Any other suggestions sure would be appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We have not seen any problems with the units we have sold. If you give me the full model and serial numbers off both the tractor and the deck, I’ll see if I can find any problems with that unit. Did you ask the dealer about whether your unit needed an update kit?

Greaser

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rivet, as previously thanks for responding. The mower model number is Z421KW-54, serial 15303, the deck serial is 15391, the deck model is RCK54P-400Z. My wife really likes this mower, it’s just aggravating with so many problems. Thanks again.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ll ask again, did you ask the dealer if your unit needed the update kit?

Greaser

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m sure I did but because so many people work there, it probably got lost between sales and salesman. I was dealing with the salesman, whether he mentioned it to service I can’t say.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As long as they have it now, call and ask for the service manager or owner. Someone should be able to answer that question by looking up your warranty records. DON’T rely on a salesman, they have no idea what happens in the service area. I’ll see if I can access your info next week, should have all the info I need.