Kubota - Scag etc

RandomTurn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I have a residential property that I just want to get a zero turn mower to cut so I don't have to spend 2-3 hours behind a push mower.

I was looking at a Kubota Z231 - 42" deck which I think is the residential mower, Kawasaki 21Hp engine etc.

Looking at the price where I am (roughly $6500) I also saw a Scag Liberty Z 48" deck for $8500. The Kubota 200 series with a 48" deck is $7500.

So price wise, more or less, there all between 6500-8500 +/-.

Just wondering between a Scag Liberty Z and a Z231 Kubota which would actually cut better and leave a better finish?

Whats the +/- between them?

I understand that they are all good machines and all overkill for what I have... but still, I rather buy whichever cuts better (even if ever so slightly) because it means when I finally move from here somewhere else, I will already have the 'better machine'.

Might be splitting hairs here between them but still, when you got a 7k cost to come up with, those subtle differences do matter.

Oh and in terms of grass, I don't have real lawn here, its just bush grass, stuff that grows higher than your knees if left alone, long, straw like stuff with a lot of burs growing everywhere.

Conditions wise... wet or dry, long or short grass. Just trying to work out which machine will leave a better cut, disperse the grass better (less clumping) etc.

Thanks

Lawn Addict
Threads
I also saw a Scag Liberty Z 48" deck for $8500.
WOW !!! I got my "fresh outta the crate" 2021 Liberty 48" Black Out Edition, in May for just over $4,500. cash price discount..

I know prices went up a couple months after that, but no where near that $8,500. But locations are different . Can't speak to the Kubota, but my Liberty is one sweet machine. (so far). + 5 year warranty. Cut finish is smooth as silk. And stripes easily with no kit.

PS: for 2022 Scag is releasing a 42" Liberty Z w/ 3 blade set-up. (click on it to enlarge).. 2022 Scag 42 inch Liberty.jpg

PSS: You can also but directly from Scag & get a much better deal than where ever you got that $8,500. price. More like $5,400.

Last edited: