Komander Z122R Deck wobble

StumpyOrson

Threads
Edited: Got the deck off, easy peasy. The spindle bearings though, they don't seem to be available online. Does anyone have a source for them? This is the 42" model with the kawasaki.

Last edited:

StumpyOrson

Threads
Thanks Mark! Does JD and Kubota use the same spindles?

StumpyOrson

Threads
Thanks Mark. I have not found entire spindles, but I did find the bearings and the other parts I needed. Here's a list of part numbers for anyone else looking:
The belt for the deck is K5559-36710
Front Tires are 11x4.00-5 R/W Rib 4 Ply Tire
Deck anti-scalp wheels are K5371-42110
Bearing for the anti-scalp wheels is K5617-72660
The nut and bolt are, respectively, 02574-50100 and 01133-51090
Blades are K5559-34330
The cutting height adjustment knob is called a "dial cam" and it's part number K3011-44430. These fly off during transport sometimes.
The spindle bearing (two per spindle) is part number K5579-34520
That's all I needed but hopefully this list helps other people too.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most companies buy in their spindles so it is worth while having a good look around
Great Dane for instance used the same spindles as John Deere but down here the JD ones are 1/2 the GD ones.
Most times if the spindle housing is a casting then they are bought in
If the spindle is welded up using tube & plate then they are made in house

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

Last edited:

lugbolt

Threads
the bearings are easily removed and easily replaced.

The kicker is that if the bearings themselves flop around in the housing, the housing is worn and should be replaced. I've run into that a time or two usually when running with worn bearings, it wears out the housing too. They are the exact same bearings in the RCK42P-122Z deck as 99% of Bad Boy mowers. K5579-34520 as I remember (Kubota part number) or bearing number 6023 if I remember correctly. If you get them from bad boy, they're like $27 each. From Kubota they're like $7.99 each. Or you can get some chinese bearings online for about $4.99/ea.

biggest thing that I can tell you about deck bearing life? Don't wash the deck right after mowing. Also make sure the blades are properly balanced and those cheap cone balancers that set on the bench top aren't accurate-not at all. RCK42P-122Z blades are notoriously inaccurate-right out of the box.

StumpyOrson

Threads
the bearings are easily removed and easily replaced.

The kicker is that if the bearings themselves flop around in the housing, the housing is worn and should be replaced. I've run into that a time or two usually when running with worn bearings, it wears out the housing too. They are the exact same bearings in the RCK42P-122Z deck as 99% of Bad Boy mowers. K5579-34520 as I remember (Kubota part number) or bearing number 6023 if I remember correctly. If you get them from bad boy, they're like $27 each. From Kubota they're like $7.99 each. Or you can get some chinese bearings online for about $4.99/ea.

biggest thing that I can tell you about deck bearing life? Don't wash the deck right after mowing. Also make sure the blades are properly balanced and those cheap cone balancers that set on the bench top aren't accurate-not at all. RCK42P-122Z blades are notoriously inaccurate-right out of the box.

Thanks lugbolt. Do you have a source on the bearing holder too? As you said, it's trashed. I opened that puppy up and it was all metal shavings and 1/4" grooves. Looked like a chewed tootsie roll.

lugbolt

Threads
Kubota is the only place I know of that you can get the bearing holder.