Kohler XTX675 Spark Plug

jwhip

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, the old mower refused to start for me Saturday. Air filter was new, oil and gas were fresh, and I had just used it the previous weekend with normal operation. I figured the easiest place to start was the spark plug, so I headed down to my small town's parts place and asked for a Kohler 14 132 11, which was OEM. I was told they didn't stock Kohler, but was sold an Autolite which was supposed to be a match. It wasn't a match, so I just cleaned the old plug and the mower fired right up. I did some research online afterward, and it seems that the OEM part number has been updated to 14 132 11-S. I want to have a new plug on hand should the need arise, and I could order online, but would prefer to buy local. What I'd like to know is, since local doesn't stock Kohler, which other plugs will work on my mower? I've tried cross referencing on a few websites, but I get conflicting results. Best I can determine, a Champion RA8HC should work, but I'd like to be certain before I buy.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
I'll check my Kohler plug cross reference list when I can find it and post back but if this is the plug with the 12MM thread size that plug was made by Torch specifically for Kohler and as of 6 months ago there was no alternate. If I find something different I will post again.

Okay found it. Torch part # D5RTC.

Attachments

• SnipImage.JPG
    SnipImage.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

jwhip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, it is the 12mm one. Thanks for the info!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1654558040362.png

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Kohler has at least 4 different plugs with 12mm threads but no replacement for the 14 132 11-S. The other plugs will fit physically but the heat ranges are different and using one of them in place of the 14 132 11-S is not recommended by Kohler. This info is a several months old so I can't swear it hasn't changed but this was accurate as of the first of the year.
1654562016853.png

Last edited:

jwhip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input, guys. I ended up ordering the Kohler plug online. You can't shop local when local doesn't offer what you need, right?