Kohler leaks gas from carb XT 675

Kelseym

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I bought a lawnmower and it runs but leaks gas from carburetor is this a easy fix

Mower King

Threads
Hi I bought a lawnmower and it runs but leaks gas from carburetor is this a easy fix
Might be an easy fix. Find out where exactly the fuel is leaking from, then see why it's leaking there.....remove, disassemble, repair.....easy!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Could be a leaky needle... It controls fuel flow into the carb bowl from the gas tank..
Check your engine oil.. Be sure it doesn't smell like gasoline, is overfull, or very thin.
Or it may not be the needle...like MK said..
where is leaking from exactly?

Kelseym

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m unsure I filled it up and left it over night checked the tank it was empty and the air filter was soaked of gas

Kelseym

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I’m assuming that it’s a float or needle seat problem. Just was wondering if that would be correct as I’m interested in small engines but not mechanical inclined

Mower King

Threads
I’m unsure I filled it up and left it over night checked the tank it was empty and the air filter was soaked of gas
Sounds like it's what ScubC said in post # 3...check all that out.....all that!

Mower King

Threads
So I’m assuming that it’s a float or needle seat problem. Just was wondering if that would be correct as I’m interested in small engines but not mechanical inclined
Everyone has to learn sometime, we all started somewhere, sometime but......just realize, the learning curve can be sharp at times!

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
AFAIK Kohler uses a rubber, or i've heard illengine call it a Viton tip, no seat in the carb, so it just a soft tipped needle to replace. But that all depends on the carb Mfger. Post the engine model number, should be on a shiny silver tag on the plastic engine cover. If the gas tank was completely empty then i suspect some got into the crankcase, by new oil an filter.. sometimes you'll have to change the oil and filter a time or 3 to get all the gas out... i went through that with my courage 19 last fall, i bought 4 quarts (2 changes worth) of cheap Havoline oil, fire it up, run it a bit, shut it down, change the oil and filter, fill up with more havoline 10-30, run it a bit, change it, then i poured in Valvoline 10-30 and its been good since.
1597013030898.png

Kelseym

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ty I will check it out

Attachments

• 11B47D27-C3C4-447F-A1B1-93E4622DCCD2.jpeg
    11B47D27-C3C4-447F-A1B1-93E4622DCCD2.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 4

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
On parts tree, New complete carb is 46 bucks.. Not bad..
here is the rebuild kit, Included is a new float and needle.