Kohler CV675s after head gasket replacement.

James K

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvana YTH2242 with a Kohler CV675s motor. It started smoking so I changed the head gaskets after seening all the info on head gasket problems and upgraded gaskets available. That went fine but after putting it all back together it spews gas out carb and will not start. Is it possible that moving the carb around caused a problem with the carb?

James K

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvana YTH2242 with a Kohler CV675s motor. It started smoking so I changed the head gaskets after seening all the info on head gasket problems and upgraded gaskets available. That went fine but after putting it all back together it spews gas out carb and will not start. Is it possible that moving the carb around caused a problem with the carb?
While waiting for replies I decided to pull the carb and clean inside and out. Turns out the needle pin on bottom of float was stuck. Finished cleaning and put it back together and she runs like a champ. Bought is for $550 with a triple bagger, invested less than $100 in parts and now I got a great mower.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
float being stuck open, like it was, will cause that. glad you found the issue.

James K

Forum Newbie
Threads
float being stuck open, like it was, will cause that. glad you found the issue.
Was still running a little rough so I replaced ignition coils. (One had been chewed on by mouse, previous owner taped it up.) After that it runs like new. Last project is to replace blades and one spindle. Spindle is stripped out also by previous owner.

DaveTN

Threads
Welcome to the LMF! Those darned Chipmunks are also hard on wires, fuel lines, anything they can
chew up and shred. Once cost my friend who had a Cadillac about $800 in repairs!