Kohler Courage 22

ckainMich

Forum Newbie
Threads
Trying to change oil. Dip stick shows good level of oil inside. Removed the orange cap from drain tube,
NO oil come out ! Whats up ? inserted a small screwdriver, about one inch in it hits something hard !!
What is just inside the oil drain....Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you turned the drain extension 1/4 turn and carefully pull out about 1/2”?

ckainMich

Forum Newbie
Threads
Trying to change oil. Dip stick shows good level of oil inside. Removed the orange cap from drain tube,
NO oil come out ! Whats up ? inserted a small screwdriver, about one inch in it hits something hard !!
What is just inside the oil drain....Thanks
The answer to that is obvious,,, No, I have not done that. Didn't know about that part. Do not have a op guide, and didn't find that info searching the net... Thanks, will be trying that in the morning....

ckainMich

Forum Newbie
Threads
The answer to that is obvious,,, No, I have not done that. Didn't know about that part. Do not have a op guide, and didn't find that info searching the net... Thanks, will be trying that in the morning....
Rivets, I found the secret, like you advised ! The plastic piece, with the stopper, came right off,1/4 turn.... & Oil had dripped out overnight. Been messing with small engines for 50 yrs, never ran across this type. Sure do not like oil running out on the frame, before one can get a 'catcher' under it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the drain is that close to the frame I attach a short piece of tubing to the drain so it will run directly into my pan.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most of the mowers with the quarter twist and pull drains on the engine came with a clear tube about a foot long to attach to the end of the drain. everybody looses the tube, and the drain will come loose from the engine and leak. The all just seem to unscrew themselves from then engine. Been a few lost engines due to totally coming loose or the pull part breaks and falls off while running.

ckainMich

Forum Newbie
Threads
Most of the mowers with the quarter twist and pull drains on the engine came with a clear tube about a foot long to attach to the end of the drain. everybody looses the tube, and the drain will come loose from the engine and leak. The all just seem to unscrew themselves from then engine. Been a few lost engines due to totally coming loose or the pull part breaks and falls off while running.
I can see that happening. BTW , it looks like the little plastic piece has a valve in it. oil wouldn't gush out with the cap pulled.
Do you know what that is about ?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That’s part of its design, internal valve. When you twist and pull, valve opens. Push and twist, valve closes.