Kohler courage 20

kingman13185

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler Courage 20 SV 601. Tractor starts up and runs fine for several minutes. A few minutes after running it was stop getting fuel in the carb. I can tell by seeing the filter is empty. I take the hose off the filter and fuel comes out and then reattach and its good to go again.

I have replaced the Carb....No difference.
I have replaced the filter.....No difference.
I have taken the gas cap off......No difference.

Not sure what to do??

VegetiveSteam

Threads
If the fuel filter is indeed empty and not just look empty then you have a fuel supply issue upstream from the fuel filter. Just a note about empty looking fuel filters. I've seen plenty of engines running just fine with no noticeable fuel in the fuel filter. The fuel is flowing through fast enough that it doesn't puddle in the fuel filter until you turn the engine off. Then it will typically puddle in the filter and you see fuel. Do you have to be using the unit for it to act up or can you just start it and leave it sit for a few minutes and it will act up? If so, do you have the means to feed fuel directly to the carb from an alternate tank? If you do, try that and see if the issue is still there. If it goes away then it's something back toward the fuel tank.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some thing is stopping the fuel getting into the carb
A blocked bowl vent would do this
And fitting the manifold gasket backwards will block off the bowl vent in the rear flange of the carb.