Kohler 7000 Series Choke Assembly

scarpozzi

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Kohler KT-725 had the gas drain into the crank case. I got a carb kit for it, but hit a snag.

Someone previously worked on the mower and it appears they had broken off the plastic part that the choke arm connects too. Additionally, the choke arm was two pieces of wire, soldered together...they had small screws and nuts with epoxy on the threads...additionally, JB Weld had been used on the plastic arm to help attach the other end of the choke assembly.

I think this is a Walbro carb and the plastic part didn't have a part number. I did manage to find the part in another choke rebuild kit, but I can't figure out how it goes back together...and can't find good pictures of it either because it looks like design has changed. In this picture, there's a black cap and another black piece that the choke arm goes through.

1622605107778.png

If anyone knows where I can either see a video or a picture that I can study, I'd appreciate it. I'm also looking for some pictures of the choke arm. The choke arm should go straight down on this model.