Kawasaki Smokes

Dspangler

Forum Newbie
Threads
FC420V-AS22 (E/N FC420VD19941)
Cranked it a couple of weeks ago, started but smoked badly, spiting oil
Ran compression Check 93PSI
Suspected Fuel Pump
Replaced Fuel Pump with a new one, Still Smokes just as bad.
What could it be, what should I check?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Have you checked oil level?
Could be a valve seal, or a broke piston ring... Is it black smoke or white/blue smoke.
93 psi ought to be good since these have a compression release to make starting easier.
and spitting oil out of the exhaust, correct?

Dspangler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you checked oil level?
Could be a valve seal, or a broke piston ring... Is it black smoke or white/blue smoke.
93 psi ought to be good since these have a compression release to make starting easier.
and spitting oil out of the exhaust, correct?

I drained all fluids gas and oil and re-added oil making sure it was right at the full mark
This engine does not have a compression release.
Correct about oil spitting out the exhaust. The only way I could see the oil getting there was through the fuel pump mounted on the side of the engine
It has a fuel input a fuel output and a third hose going into the side of the engine.
Put on a new one, no difference.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
This engine does have a compression release. unless kawasaki screwed up on the parts diagram.
that third hose works off the vacuum of the engine to pump the fuel, if its a mechanical fuel pump.
The Exhaust side does have a valve seal, could be oil is getting past it and burning and in the exhaust... but im just grasping at straws on that.
if that much oil was getting past the piston rings, it probably wouldnt even start, or take awhile too.

One of the experienced guys should chime in soon

Lawn Addict
Threads
Scrub- I'm not one of those guys, but I'll throw in my .02 anyway..

What do the spark plugs look like, oiled up ? From sitting a piston ring could be stuck allowing oil to pass. Or it could be a valve seal.

Both look the same or just 1 ?