Kawasaki fs730b. After 2 hours running.

jackcu

Threads
My kawasaki on my gravley ztr will run fine at start up
After about 2 hours of running it will start to back fire, miss and the will shut down and will not restart untill it cools down. Usually have to wait 8 to 10 hours before it will restart and run fine.
Anyone have any ideas on what's going on with this engine?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like a bad coil or ignition module
However the first thing is to determine if it is fuel or ignition.
Thus the instant it stops grab a can of carb spray & give a SHORT SHOT down the carb & crank the engine
If it fires then you need to look at the fuel system and in particular the fuel tank for accumulated debris.

In any case, remove the blower housing and check for a build up of debris , particularly around the heads which will prevent the head cooling properly and that can cause the valves to stick till the engine cools down completely.

If you have a low oil cut out fitted, bypass it ( pull thge plug off & tape it over to prevent grounding , these do occasionally go bad with heat on the small Honda engines & they all work the same way

jackcu

Threads
Sounds like a bad coil or ignition module
However the first thing is to determine if it is fuel or ignition.
Thus the instant it stops grab a can of carb spray & give a SHORT SHOT down the carb & crank the engine
If it fires then you need to look at the fuel system and in particular the fuel tank for accumulated debris.

In any case, remove the blower housing and check for a build up of debris , particularly around the heads which will prevent the head cooling properly and that can cause the valves to stick till the engine cools down completely.

If you have a low oil cut out fitted, bypass it ( pull thge plug off & tape it over to prevent grounding , these do occasionally go bad with heat on the small Honda engines & they all work the same way
Thank you very much for the info. I appreciate you responding. I will try these things tomorrow and see what happens.

Born2Mow

Threads
The above...

OR, carry some spare spark plugs with you that you insert into the plug caps and watch for "spark".

100 td

Threads
As soon as you hear a miss or backfire, jump off and pull a plug lead off and see which cylinder is failing. Definitely remove housing and ensure coils have no debris around them and all fins/air pathways are clear, including inlet screen plugging caused by grass etc while running