Kawasaki FD731V running lean and plugs white

Hosedraggah

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower has 2200 hours on it. I just went through entire machine and did all maintenance. Can’t figure out why both plugs are running HOT. Spindles need replacing and motor has to have choke slightly pulled in order to engage blades otherwise it will stall out. I’ve had the carb off numerous times and cleaned it thoroughly and it’s clean as a whistle. Anything in particular I should check? I can’t figure it out.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
new gaskets on the intake? though usually if one is leaking it will be lean enough to surge.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Float is non adjustable unless heat is used.

If both plugs are too lean indicated then I would think either idle mixture are set too lean of the carburetor needs the 120/115 jets. Probably came with the 117.5/112.5 ones.

Spec number would help in the look-up of the engine.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dirty carb. Buy a new OEM or clean the old one.

slomo

Hosedraggah

Forum Newbie
Threads
Carb is clean as a whistle and I cleaned it in my ultrasonic cleaner. Funny you mention the jets as it does have the smaller jets which I thought was odd. Also the bowl gasket has a super slow leak and I finally just got the new one in the mail and installed it today. The machine is like 15 years old. I don’t know why they put the high altitude smaller jets in when I live in New England.

Hosedraggah

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also I sprayed starting fluid around the carb when it was running earlier and there was no change in idle so the gaskets should all be good.