Kawasaki fd620 d

4getgto

Threads
Wanting to adjust valves on a fd620d. Not sure how the cylinders are numbered meaning which is #1 and #2 as viewed from the flywheel.
I know the specs and seen the timing marks but just want to be sure which cylinder is which.. Thanks

4getgto

Threads

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Repair manual doesn't say which is which other than that #2 has the thermostat.

#2 is on the right when looking from the front on the engine (flywheel side). Also #2 is the one with the thermostat (temperature) switch mounted in the cylinder head as a for double check visual clue.

4getgto

Threads

#2 is on the right when looking from the front on the engine (flywheel side). Also #2 is the one with the thermostat (temperature) switch mounted in the cylinder head as a for double check visual clue.
? just the opposite of what I seen... I'll check where the t- stat is.. Thanks a bunch..

4getgto

Threads

Just took a look and the thermostat is on " left" looking from the flywheel. Water pump is on the "right" rear of the motor. Still a bit confused but I'll do a little more investigation.. Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Your right #2 is on the left. I got myself turned around looking at two different IPLs online so I when to Kawasaki engines double checked what I said. I also google the head part numbers (11008-0823, Left head; 11008-0824, Right head) this time too. So maybe I got myself straighten out and hopefully you too.

Basically it turns out to looking from heads down toward the crankshaft the #2 is on the right as most engines two cylinders when the PTO end is toward you and the flywheel away. Basically got look at the horizonal engine as if it was a vertical engine with the flywheel on top.

Sorry for posting incorrect info. I wish the service manual was more clear on how to determine this instead having to do so much extra research.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That will depend on where the viewer is. Standing in front of the mower, spannar in hand or sitting in the drivers seat .

4getgto

Threads
Your right #2 is on the left. I got myself turned around looking at two different IPLs online so I when to Kawasaki engines double checked what I said. I also google the head part numbers (11008-0823, Left head; 11008-0824, Right head) this time too. So maybe I got myself straighten out and hopefully you too.

Basically it turns out to looking from heads down toward the crankshaft the #2 is on the right as most engines two cylinders when the PTO end is toward you and the flywheel away. Basically got look at the horizonal engine as if it was a vertical engine with the flywheel on top.

Sorry for posting incorrect info. I wish the service manual was more clear on how to determine this instead having to do so much extra research.
Thanks so much for your research and input. I'll be doing this in the next day or so, I'll let everyone know how it goes.
I honestly believe that once I start adjusting it will make sense. Don't think you can adjust the wrong cylinder with the wrong timing mark without something seeming strange on the valves.
Again thanks...

4getgto

Threads
That will depend on where the viewer is. Standing in front of the mower, spannar in hand or sitting in the drivers seat .
Hey bert...I think everyone was referring to looking at the flywheel side of the engine.