KAWASAKI FC420V HS09 HELP!!!!

charlie77

Threads
I have a Kawasaki FC420V HS09 engine with no spark. New coil ( 211212086) coil air gap and new spark plug gap good. Resistance readings of the coil seem ok although I cannot find a spec sheet on the coil. Coil kill wire disconnected from the coil. Engine doesnt have or parts diagram show an ignitor module. Flywheel magnet seems powerful enough. I dont know what to do!! Please help!!!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
1, How are you checking for spark?
2, Try flipping the coil over, if installed the wrong way it will not fire at the Correct time and not start.

charlie77

Threads
tried the flip and I hold the plug against the cylinder and use a spark light tester

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Coil gap at .012" (pretty much spot on for a business card) i would try cleaning up the mounting posts where the coil sits with some sandpaper...
Like you I didn't see a igniter module in the IPL...
Also, try a new spark plug. I had to help my brother over the phone the other day with a honda generator... sparked looked OK out of the plug hole, reinstall it, no start, even with starting fluid, put in a New NGK gapped at .030" and it fired right up. sometimes a weak/bad plug will not spark in the cylinder.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Try leaving the kill wire unplugged from the kill terminal of the coil. If the engine you wil lneed to choke it to death or shut the fuel off somehow to kill the engine.

charlie77

Threads
did all that still no spark! Insurance money?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then it must be a defective coil as it should fire; unless, voltage had been applied to kill terminal as it is designed to only grounded to kill.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
that one slipped me... voltage coming in on the kill wire is a good way for a coil to get toasted quick.

charlie77

Threads
through all my testing I had the coil wire off. Insurance is looking better? I ordered a new coil Ill keep ya posted. This coil was an aftermarket from Amazon.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
through all my testing I had the coil wire off. Insurance is looking better? I ordered a new coil Ill keep ya posted. This coil was an aftermarket from Amazon.
Saving money on Crinese parts normally costs you more headaches than the OEM part would of.

slomo