Engine Kawasaki FB460V-CS07

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Anybody a PDF copy of the IPL for the Kawasaki FB460V-CS07? No online source that I have has it listed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is it any different to the general FB460 manual , from 2011 # p/n99924-2011 ?
This is the only one I have & I can pop it a file share if you want

It is only 4.7 Mb so I can directly email it if you want to PM me with your address
Alt I am in AU my service provider is TPG and they are a COM site where bertsmobile will find me should you want to contact me off list
Right now I am on flood alert so may not get right back to you as I have been told to leave twice already .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any possibility that it might be a GS07? Bert, stay safe, heard about those floods.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have already got the service manual.

Someone mention could it be a GS07. No it not as the breather gasket is wrong. I get an image of the decal in the morning to prove it is a CS07. The breather gasket looks to be one off a MS14 so I ordered one those since I had to have a FR730V fully assembled head (not the complete head listed in the IPL) for another project. Of course the dang head got back ordered. I got rebuild the carburetor on the FB460V and do a valve job so I need the correct IPL.

I see if Kawasaki can provide an IPL. Email sent.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Via my wholesaler there is a CS01 ( could be mistaken for a 7 ) , A GS01 & a GS07
No CS07 .

I am on the Nepean so we we dodged the worst of it
They were predicting 18 meters & my floor is 16 meters but we only got to 12.
But I still had to spend last night off site, & I am happy with that, no one should be forced to risk their life because I did not want to protect myself .
Maximum recorded height is 22 meters .
Road is cut off both ends & unlikely to be open for another 10 days so the natives will run out of beer shortly .
There is a car in the creek about 2 meters underwater & the divers were here this arvo but thankfully it is empty
The poor souls on the NSW QLD border copped the worst of it.
But it goes back what I have been saying for decades, we are the stupidists people on the planet .
No shortage of land in the foothills & hinterlands but the estate agents can get more money for level beachside riverside property and there is only one reason why it is level .
All of the beaches are in the flood planes .
All OZ rivers are just stormwater drains so when we get a good bit of rain they flood.
There are very good reasons why the blackfellas never bothered building permanent housing , floods & bushfires are two of them.
However I still do feel for them , but Lismore for instance floods every 18 to 24 months
They just keep on building the levee banks higher, then the pumps fail & the town goes under ,again & again.
We grew sugar cane , bannanas & rice on the costal strip because it always floods then the regions became popular so they built houses on top of the cane fields & rice paddies .

Most of the beachfronts from Brisbane down to Coffs Harbour were mangrove swamps so they built inadequate sea walls, pumped out the water. tossed in some fill & sold off deep water front Miami style channel housing , if you were lucky. If not your idlic seafront property only existed at low tide . lots of them sold in the 60's & 70's .
Brissie is a problem like New Orleans, it was built up around the ports where the costal shipping & the river shipping crossed paths , because there were so many small rivers that flooded regularly roads were too expensive to build till eventually they build some bridges and plonked houses where none should ever have been built .
However Brisse council has been doing the right thing & buying river frontage & converting it to entertainment & public open space so when it floods all that happens is a few pontoons get washed out to sea.

Right here the local council has a plan that actually makes sense .
Whenever a property is sold on the flood plane, the new owners have X years to either raise the existing building above the maximum recorded flood height or rebuild further back & higher off the river .
But most of the towns flooded this time simply keep on building the exact same type of houses at the exact same height and they suffer the exact same fate.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well here is the label; although, it is missing the "F". If eyes are not playing tricks on me that is definitely a "7".
1646310552534.png
The CS01, GS01, and GS07 uses the 11060-2376 gasket.
1646311052458.png
And CS07 has what appears to be 11060-2375.
1646311228294.png

Sounds like of the land around where they filled in swampy areas and built homes. Even my place is currently swampy and look like a lake when it rains. It just don't drain well at all. Of course the water table 15-20 ft down.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
BAck in the 70's when I was in college I worked for the Dept of Public Works
I was working with the contract surveyor .
One of the jobs we did was to lay out a new city to the north of Sydney for 1,000,000 people .
This was on high ground that was old farmland which was mostly uneconomic due to poor sandy soils & lack of water,
None of it was ever built
The 1,000,000 ended up on the sea level flood plain between the ocean and freshwater lakes .
The the government spent a kings randsome building flood mittigation for the houses that never should have been built in the first place.
Now the killer is the railway line is built on a massive embankment to put it above the flood line .
You can stand on the rail lines and you are looking above the tops of all of the houses
Why would any one with more than 2 functioning brain cells not ask "why is the rail line way up there ? "

Back to reality
No listing at all for the CS07 so can't do anything useful for you

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it on a John Deere and has John Deere on the engine? If it is it is what they call an SSO engine. Self Serving OEM and parts look up only available through JD.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Is it on a John Deere and has John Deere on the engine? If it is it is what they call an SSO engine. Self Serving OEM and parts look up only available through JD.
No it is not beside I can usual look-up those engines at Kawasaki. Yes the US JD would like to believe that they are the only source for the Kawasaki engine parts used on their mowers.

An example is the cylinder head I needed last year for the engine on a 737. JD wanted $226.91 for it but I got one from Kawasaki for 173.74. Of JD heads are only the head and Kawasaki just that too. Since then I now can get fully assembled heads [FR/FS/FX] instead of having to buy individual parts which costs a lot more overall. Now you need to reuse the rockers and add push rods even with these kits. But the FH661V is still one that I have to buy individual parts for the head replacement.

This one is on a Ransome [Bunton, Bobcat, Ryan M36-12 All - 36" Midsize] mower and its IPL does list the engine parts.

Last edited:

Joed756

Threads
Via my wholesaler there is a CS01 ( could be mistaken for a 7 ) , A GS01 & a GS07
No CS07 .

I am on the Nepean so we we dodged the worst of it
They were predicting 18 meters & my floor is 16 meters but we only got to 12.
But I still had to spend last night off site, & I am happy with that, no one should be forced to risk their life because I did not want to protect myself .
Maximum recorded height is 22 meters .
Road is cut off both ends & unlikely to be open for another 10 days so the natives will run out of beer shortly .
There is a car in the creek about 2 meters underwater & the divers were here this arvo but thankfully it is empty
The poor souls on the NSW QLD border copped the worst of it.
But it goes back what I have been saying for decades, we are the stupidists people on the planet .
No shortage of land in the foothills & hinterlands but the estate agents can get more money for level beachside riverside property and there is only one reason why it is level .
All of the beaches are in the flood planes .
All OZ rivers are just stormwater drains so when we get a good bit of rain they flood.
There are very good reasons why the blackfellas never bothered building permanent housing , floods & bushfires are two of them.
However I still do feel for them , but Lismore for instance floods every 18 to 24 months
They just keep on building the levee banks higher, then the pumps fail & the town goes under ,again & again.
We grew sugar cane , bannanas & rice on the costal strip because it always floods then the regions became popular so they built houses on top of the cane fields & rice paddies .

Most of the beachfronts from Brisbane down to Coffs Harbour were mangrove swamps so they built inadequate sea walls, pumped out the water. tossed in some fill & sold off deep water front Miami style channel housing , if you were lucky. If not your idlic seafront property only existed at low tide . lots of them sold in the 60's & 70's .
Brissie is a problem like New Orleans, it was built up around the ports where the costal shipping & the river shipping crossed paths , because there were so many small rivers that flooded regularly roads were too expensive to build till eventually they build some bridges and plonked houses where none should ever have been built .
However Brisse council has been doing the right thing & buying river frontage & converting it to entertainment & public open space so when it floods all that happens is a few pontoons get washed out to sea.

Right here the local council has a plan that actually makes sense .
Whenever a property is sold on the flood plane, the new owners have X years to either raise the existing building above the maximum recorded flood height or rebuild further back & higher off the river .
But most of the towns flooded this time simply keep on building the exact same type of houses at the exact same height and they suffer the exact same fate.
In the US we don't get floods. Stay safe.