Kawasaki 19 hp vertical twin on Toro 2006 zero

Knots

Threads
Don’t have all engine data but have a general question.
Zero compression on one side and intake pushrod not moving. Suspect wiped camshaft but is there any other possibility like a lifter stuck at the top of its bore, etc.?

Thanks,
Knots

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are both the pushrods there ?
Is the non moving valve one bent ?
Pull it out & check .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Kinda sound like there is a broken piston rod and the piston when above normal upper limit and bent a valve. Usually even when one valve is not working you still have some compression but a non moving piston produces zero compression.

I had back in the Spring a Kawasaki v twin to come in with no spark on number #1. So I order a coil pack. It didn't fix the problem. So drop the rocker cover looking a bent push rod. Both were bent so I pulled the head and found the piston above normal position and not moving. Upon inspection I found the head with damaged valve. Upon tearing down found the cylinder ruined. Customer ran the engine without sometime in the past. The engine came in running even with the hole in the side of the block.

Knots

Threads
Kinda sound like there is a broken piston rod and the piston when above normal upper limit and bent a valve. Usually even when one valve is not working you still have some compression but a non moving piston produces zero compression.

I had back in the Spring a Kawasaki v twin to come in with no spark on number #1. So I order a coil pack. It didn't fix the problem. So drop the rocker cover looking a bent push rod. Both were bent so I pulled the head and found the piston above normal position and not moving. Upon inspection I found the head with damaged valve. Upon tearing down found the cylinder ruined. Customer ran the engine without sometime in the past. The engine came in running even with the hole in the side of the block.
Engine data for this thread
Kawasaki FH580V. Mower is Toro Z400 Z Master
Serial 270002174
Engine was running ok when parked after use.
When tried to restart, barely ran and no movement on one intake rocker. Pushrods not bent! Whatever happened, happened all at once. If camshaft was wiped, I would have thought that performance would have gradually gotten worse. Do tappets ever stick in the up position.

Thanks,
Knots

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Valves do stick at times.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
HAve a good look at you valves
They are the same lengths and protrude the same amount .
IF not then a guide has shifted .
This is nearly always due to overheating .
Most times my customers find a mass of mud wasp / bees nests or the remains of a mouse / rat nest in the space around the cooling fins under to blower housing .