K161 exhaust cooling fin information needed!

• Thread starter Deleted member 97405
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 97405

Does anyone know any information on when Kohler replaced the early style K161 block, which had no exhaust cooling fins, with the later block that had the cooling fins?
I have spent many hours searching online and can't find any reference to the change.

I have seen both versions of the K161 in tractors from 1963. Early to mid 1963 models seem to have the older style block, and later 1963's have the K161 with the cooling fins, similar (but not exactly) to the K181, but the bore designates it as a K161.
I know the tractors have their original engines in them because they are unrestored and were purchased from their original owners.
Also, both tractors are identical and only 7 serial numbers apart (consecutively).
Just wondering if anyone knows when the change was made so I can get some 'diehard, know-it-alls' off my back who are trying to tell me the engines were replaced.
Since I know the tractors' history from new, I know the engines are original.
I'm tired of going to shows and hearing old dudes say 'That tractor ain't original. It got the wrong engine.'
Somewhere during the 1963 production year, a change was made, and I'm hoping someone out there has access to old documentation or drawings showing the change.
Just looking for proof to put the dispute to rest.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!